Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Friend Is Fighting The Cancer Fight

Attitude Determines Altitude 

I'm watching a friend, Barbara, who is in a major fight with aggressive breast cancer.  She is a noble, gracious, kind, amazing woman.  Several of us have mobilized to make sure she has what she needs from rides to various appointments to meals and friendship.  Her husband passed away 17 years ago from colon cancer and she has never had children.  My heart is aching for her struggle right now.  Her dog Gwenie keeps her constant company and I'm so grateful she has her.  Through it all she has been optimistic and grateful for her life. She is at the beginning of her treatment.  One chemo down and several to go.

My daughter won the fight with Hodgkins Disease and my mother with breast cancer.  It's a reality of our day.  We ALL know someone with cancer.  

What can we do?  We help those we love through it, we can keep our bodies as healthy as possible by eating right and exercising, keep hydrated with at least 8 glasses of pure water a day and we can boost our immune system with the best essential oils as possible.  AND we can keep a positive attitude because as we all know ATTITUDE DETERMINES ALTITUDE on all the stages of life.  It makes our challenges more tolerable, our relationships better, our appreciation of life elevated, and actually keeps us more healthy!

It has been said that there is a biochemical connection between the body and the brain.  I recently read the following, 

"When these people are given hope and are able to think in a more positive manner, they develop stronger immune systems. A healthy immune system stands a better chance of fighting off diseases and allowing the person to regain good health. Part of the reason for this is that positive thinking and emotions give a person more energy and stamina; and that helps the immune system." 

It's the reason I chose the name:  Mind Body Heal. It's my passion to spread the news that EACH OF US HAVE THE POWER TO AFFECT OUR MIND AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH. Jerry West said, "You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days you feel good."  Basically, we can't put off improving until we feel better.  That makes sense right?  It does to me. 

I want to take the most positive feelings I have and now pour it into my friend, Barbara. If I could do it with my mom and my daughter I can certainly do it for Barbara.  Yes, I can give her a little bottle of peppermint oil to help her nausea, headaches, and to lift her spirits.  But more than that I can give my support.  A person can't bottle that it has to be shared.  She is teaching me how to be brave.  My favorite phrase is, "When the student is ready the teacher appears".  She has appeared presently as my teacher.  While all of my blogs will not be this somber I wanted to share what is my driving purpose.  It is what guides me.  Many of you are my teachers also and I look forward to hearing from you on what drives you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment